2017 is sure to be an exciting year at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Disneyland Resort in California and Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa in Honolulu Hawaii. Check out our Top 10 things to know as you plan for 2017!
It seems like just yesterday that I was writing this blog for 2016 —the top 5 reasons to visit Disney World in 2016 and here we are talking about 2017!
What is new for 2017 for Disney parks and resorts?
10. Changes to the Disney Dining Plan in Walt Disney World: Disney has answered the call and will now be adding a snack credits (2 total per night) and removing dessert from the quick service meal. This means we are no longer stuck eating the same chocolate cake dessert in the little cup each day for lunch! Now you can choose to save your dessert for later (Mickey bar, Dole Whip, funnel cake) or use it for something healthy like fruit or a cup of soup. It can also help you stretch those snacks into breakfast pretty easily!
9. Magic Band 2 Coming to Walt Disney World: Newly designed to be more versatile and customizable with the same great functions of the original Magic Bands. For those who don\’t want to wear yet another band on your wrist, there will even be options to wear these on a lanyard!
8. KA WA\’A, a Luau at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa: Experience an authentic Hawaiian luau without leaving Disney property! It promises to be a beautiful addition to this property in Hawaii.
7. Tower of Terror Transformation in Disneyland\’s California Adventure: This exciting change brings our favorite Marvel protectors of outer Space to Disney Parks for the first time. This attraction will be revamped and star Guardians of the Galaxy!
6. The Main Street Electric Parade Returns to Disneyland! The parade retired from Walt Disney World in October, but recent announcements say that the parade will return to it\’s original home in Disneyland on January 20 and run until June 18, 2017. Disneyland fans are thrilled to have the parade back home.
5. Updates to Epcot\’s Future World: While no specifics have been announced we do know that discussions are in place to make significant updates to Future World. Keep an eye out for big announcements in 2017!
4. Express Transportation Between Parks in Walt Disney World: Save the time of exiting and re-entering a park when you hop. Express buses provide back-stage transportation park to park for a fee. By utilizing this service, you only have to go through security once for the first park you enter each day. If you like to park hop, this might be one splurge worth trying. It\’s currently $15 per person per day or $24 per person for a 7-day consecutive day option. This is currently in a test phase.
3. Boulder Ridge Cove: The Villas at Wilderness Lodge have been renamed Boulder Ridge Villas. Their renovated zero entry pool and deck area will tie in the new theming in 2017. Boulder Ridge Villas will also see a new bar and grill and quick service dining which is a great option. Wilderness Lodge is just next door, but now they won\’t even have to leave the serenity of Boulder Ridge for a snack or a meal!
2. Epcot International Festival of the Arts: Coming to Epcot in January 2016, this new festival will combine visual, culinary and performing arts for six weekends through February 20. Over the six weekends, you can enjoy different Broadway talent in concert performing songs from some of Disney\’s Broadway shows including The Lion King, Newsies, and Aladdin! The International Festival of the Arts will run Fridays through Mondays and unveil brand new art each week. That means there\’s always something new to see, and you\’ll want to return for each original experience!
1. Pandora: World of Avatar -Projected opening is Summer of 2017! There will be a Na\’vi River attraction as well as dining and shopping. Satu\’il Canteen will be the main restaurant in Pandora. Windtraders will sell Na\’vi cultural items, toys, and more. We\’re all excited to see what is in store for us at this new land!
Heather is a military wife and the mom of one awesome boy and a pretty fabulous girl!
She\’s completed multiple vacations to Disney World and on Disney Cruise Line as well as visiting Disneyland! Her next Disney adventure is Aulani, A Resort and Spa in Hawaii! Contact her at email@example.com to start planning your family\’s next magical vacation!