If you\’ve been considering taking a Disney Cruise but have wondered what there is to do or if it\’s a good fit for your family…read on! Here are our top 10 reasons to take a Disney cruise. 10. There is something to do for the whole family….adults only areas, kids only areas,
family entertainment, family dining, adults dining, etc. Onboard you\’ll find pools for kids
along with slides, splash pad areas, the Aqua Duck or the Aqua Dunk! Hot tubs are located near the pools as well as well as large Funnel Vision theater playing movies.
During the day and evenings, there are many activities to do as a family, too. Take an animation class, build a vegetable race car, play Bingo, play a trivia game, or just find a quiet place to read a book or take a nap! Want a little quiet time? How about the adult-only pool deck with more hot tubs and great loungers. Coffee shop? Yes, we have that, too. For more adult-only pampering, try one of the many offerings in the Senses Spa. Teens even have their own spa area here! And movies…a large, state of the art movie theater playing first run movies is available on each ship as well as hundreds of free movies On Demand in the staterooms and on the pool deck.
9. Staterooms designed for families. Split sleeping areas, tons of storage and split bathrooms make these staterooms among the best for families in the cruise industry. Cleverly designed cabins give privacy to parents even in the smallest inside cabins while children sleep on unique sofa beds (daybeds), pull down bunks and/or Murphy beds. Most cabins have a split bathroom where multiple people can get ready at the same time. Great storage is built into every cabin; beds are designed to be higher from the floor to allow suitcase or stroller storage under the bed while there are lots of drawers and tons of shelves for your personal items. From affordable inside cabins to fun veranda cabins to the splurge of a concierge suite, Disney has offerings for every family at every price point.
8. Rotational Dining. No more boring dinners in the same old dining room each night.
Your family AND your serving staff will rotate to three uniquely themed restaurants. This allows your serving staff to know you personally–your likes, dislikes, allergies, favorite drinks and more! The menus are never the same either! At the end of the day your serving staff greets you like old friends.
You may find yourself watching the walls come to life with animation in Animator\’s Palate or even feeling like a king or queen in Royal Palace or Royal Court. Feeling a little international? Carioca\’s is a unique experience on the Disney Magic serving South American fare for dinner!
7. Kids Clubs. Sure, lots of cruise lines have kids clubs, but Disney\’s kids clubs are amazing. Your kids will WANT to spend time there!
Oceaneers Club, Oceaneers Lab, Edge and Vibe are all clubs for the children, tweens, and teens on a Disney ship. There they can do activities, meet a character, go on a scavenger hunt, play video games, or just hang out with friends! The clubs have long hours allowing parents to have an evening alone, AND they\’re included in the cost of your cruise fare. Children in the younger clubs (Oceaneer\’s Club and Oceaneer\’s Lab) are kept secure with the use of wristbands. No need to worry about your young ones; they are safe and secure until you return to get them and present the secret password!
And not to forget the littlest cruisers… a nursery is available (fee) on each Disney ship, so parents can have a night out, a trip to the spa or even enjoy a Port Adventure on their
6. Free non-alcoholic beverages. Yes, even soda is available free on the pool deck. No beverage packages to buy here, Disney Cruise Line offers more than just tea, coffee and water to their guests! In addition to the free sodas (Coke products) on the pool decks, coffee and hot tea are also available there. In the buffet, enjoy milk, juice or sodas in addition to coffee and tea, and at dinner–it continues with any of those options included!
5. Entertainment. Amazing family friendly Broadway style shows will be the highlight of your evenings! Disney-themed shows play several nights during a cruise; the other nights are filled with other great entertainment–comedians, jugglers, musical talents, and maybe even a PremEar at Sea where you get to see a new movie first! Late night hours have even more entertainment for adults with comedians, music, karaoke, and more.
4. Pirate night. Everyone gets into the pirate theme to include staff, characters and guests for a pirate theme menu, shows and fireworks at sea! This is the night to meet Jack Sparrow or just dress up like Jack Sparrow!
You may see Mickey zip-lining across the deck or Jack Sparrow appear from high above one of the funnels. End your evening with the late night Pirate Buffet. This is an amazing night with lots of fun for kids of all ages!
3. Food. All the Ice Cream you can eat, room service, buffets, pizza, burgers, sandwiches, fruit, seafood, steaks, theme dining rooms…all for no extra charge! Pizza, burgers, sandwiches and salads are always available at the poolside dining locations; the buffet is open for breakfast and lunch serving a wide array of dishes. At night, the buffet becomes a casual sit-down dinner as an alternative to the usual dining rotation. Or enjoy an adult-only dinner at the beautiful Palo or Remy! Don\’t feel like going out? Stay in and order room service included in your cruise fare 24 hours a day! Did I mention there\’s all you can eat ice cream?
2. Fireworks at Sea! Disney was the first cruise line to offer fireworks at sea, and even now, only a few ships on another cruise line have permission to do so. If you haven\’t seen fireworks at sea, you haven\’t seen a spectacular sight!
1. Castaway Cay. A little slice of private paradise, Disney\’s private island is a highlight
on any cruise! Adult only and family beaches, water slides, snorkeling, barbecue, kids clubs and activities, water sports and more. This is sure to be the highlight of your cruise! Plenty of spaces to be active–rent a boat, snorkel, do a stingray feeding experience, or run the Castaway Cay 5K–and plenty of spaces to relax! Look for quiet hammocks, plenty of lounge chairs, and places to build a sandcastle. Teens can join their friends and play a game of volleyball or kids can play in the secure kids area while parents check out Serenity Bay–the adult only area! Regardless, don\’t miss the wonderful barbecue lunch provided by Disney Cruise Line along with sodas and ice cream.
To get even more out of your Castaway Cay day, try a massage on the island or rent a cabana!
Our top 10 reasons…and we didn\’t even have room to mention the characters, the amazing staff, the fabulous ports and itineraries, or the Port Adventures! You have to experience it!