Disney\’s Jedi Training Academy is located in the Hollywood Studios park. In order to participate, valid theme park admission is required. The attraction is only for young padawans ages 4-12, and you can not make advance reservations for it.
Here are a few helpful tips:
2. Children must be present at the time they sign up, and they will have to verbally tell the cast members that they want to participate in the academy. This is important! If you send your kids off to ride Toy Story Mania while you get in line for Jedi Academy, they\’re going to miss out!
3. The show lasts about 25 minutes, but you need to return to the location where you signed up 30 minutes before your show time, so make sure that you allot enough time with your FastPass and dining plans. You may need to be flexible and possible reschedule some FastPasses!
4. Sign-ups start approximately 15 minutes before the park opens, so we suggest you arrive at the park entrance about 30 minutes before the opening time. On the mornings that Hollywood Studios has Extra Magic Hours, sign-ups start during the extra magic hours. If you are staying on property, you may want to take advantage of the reduced crowds, but if you are not staying in a Disney resort, you will probably want to plan to participate in this activity on a different day of your trip.
5. Disney provides training lightsabers and plain brown Jedi robes, but they do not close, so I recommend letting your child wear their favorite Star Wars t-shirt or something that has their name on it.
6. If you have not yet purchased Memory Maker, call your Wishdrawals travel agent right now and have that added! The pictures taken by the PhotoPass photographers at the show are phenomenal, and you can relax and enjoy the actual show if you know you\’ll get to download all of their pictures.
7. Be prepared for a little Star Wars trivia and some extremely corny jokes. Laughter is greatly appreciated by the Jedi trainers.
Also, keep in mind that there are two \”stages\” now–one will fight Darth Vader and the other fights Darth Maul. You don\’t get to choose, so just go with the flow!
The Jedi Training Academy is one of Disney\’s most fun activities offered, and it\’s FREE!
So, head to Hollywood Studios and May the Force be with you!
About the Author: Special thanks to Emily Lamb! Emily has been to Disney over 65 times! The tips she shares are from first-hand experience as a kid and now as a mother of her own beautiful children. She also writes a Disney blog to help you save time and money! You can contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org to book you next Disney vacation!