Maybe you are considering a Disney World or Disneyland trip with your baby and wondering how that will work! Luckily, Disney is for everyone–including baby! So, what services does Disney provide if you are traveling with a baby?
Disney knows many families are coming with babies, so they\’ve made special arrangements just for them! Here are five special services just for little ones!
1. Rider Swap option is available at select Disney Theme Park attractions. Rider Swap is when Guests take turns waiting with young children too small to ride a certain attraction, and then \”swap\” with another adult Guest from their party to experience the ride without standing in line twice. This means adults and big kids still get to ride those big roller coasters!
2. Single-day and multi-day stroller rentals are available at Disney Theme Parks. Look for the stroller symbol on each Disney Theme Park Guide map. While these strollers aren\’t suitable for really young babies since they have no recline feature, they\’re an option for older babies and toddlers.
3. Baby Care Centers, hosted by Huggies, can be found in Disney Theme Parks and offer private rooms with rocking chairs for nursing mothers, diaper-changing rooms, and rooms with highchairs. Diapers, formula, and other baby necessities are available for purchase. Look for the pacifier symbol on each Disney Theme Park Guide map. This is also a great place to go with baby for a break from the heat, sun, rain, or other weather.
4. Cribs, bed guardrails, babysitting services are available if you\’re staying at a Disney resort hotel. Cribs and/or Pack-N-Plays are available by request for little ones under age 3. If you have an older toddler or preschooler, bedrails can be requested, too. Babysitting is provided by and booked through Kids Nite Out.
5. Many restaurants at Disney Resort hotels and Disney Theme Parks feature balanced, healthy children\’s menus. If you have an older baby or toddler eating solids, you may have them share from your plate, or you may opt to purchase a kid\’s meal for them. With lots of healthy options with fruit and veggies on the menus, you can find something besides chicken nuggets and fries! Don\’t forget those Character Dining experiences which can be fun for your little one and does make for some cute photos as well as offer lots of dining options.
What else does Disney offer? How about hassle-free travel?
1. Disney\’s Magical Express offers complimentary shuttle and luggage service from the Orlando airport to their Disney Resort. No need to lug the carseat, rent a car, and install the carseat into an unfamiliar vehicle while everyone else stands around waiting! Disney will pick up your luggage from the airport and deliver it to your room leaving your hands free for the stroller, diaper bag, and little hands! You hop on your large motorcoach and sit back and relax while Disney clips play on the overhead TVs, and someone else does the driving!
2. Guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort enjoy free transportation to and free parking at the Theme Parks. Disney\’s fleet of buses and boats as well as the monorail provide free transportation to all Disney\’s theme parks, water parks, and Disney Springs! If you drove to Disney and want to take your car to the parks, you get to park for free!
3. When staying at a Disney Resort, it\’s a short trip back to the room for a nap before returning to the Park to watch fireworks at night!
4. Disney Gifts or souvenirs purchased within Walt Disney World Resort can be delivered to the front of the Theme Park or to a Disney Resort for free. While that\’s not a service specifically for those with babies, we think this is HUGE! No lugging around those bags under the stroller that you have to take out before you can get on the bus or holding baby, diaper bag or backpack, AND your souvenirs. They\’ll just send them right to your resort to pick up later. Next week we\’ll explore what attractions your little one can do in the parks! Susan Burks is a military wife and a homeschooling mom to a chess playing space-loving 12 year old! In addition to many Disney World trips, Susan has done nine Disney cruises and one Disneyland trip! Her next venture will be Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa in Hawaii!