10 Ways to Save Money at the Walt Disney World Resort
10. Plan on visiting during a less expensive time of year. Value season prices along with a promotion or military discount equals GREAT deals at on property resorts.
9. Take advantage of Disney’s Magical Express. Free transportation is provided to guests to and from Orlando International Airport and Walt Disney World Resorts.
8. Consider packing some snacks and bringing them into the parks. Food and drinks (non alcoholic and no glass) can be carried into the parks.
7. Request a complimentary cup of water at any snack station. You can also ask for a cup of water (rather than bottled) at quick service dining locations.
6. Pack light up glow sticks, bracelets, etc to avoid those pricey kiosks in the evening.
5. Share a quick service meal and snacks throughout the day. This will give you the opportunity to sample more things in smaller portions.
4. Bring your own autograph book instead of purchasing one in the park. Make your own or check out some websites for cute personalized ones that can be made for you.
3. Consider a dining plan. Many dining plans are a great value, especially for families with teens, healthy eaters or even young children.
2. Pack your own princess dresses and costumes. Princesses can even arrive with their own dresses at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
1. Stay on a Walt Disney World Property to take advantage of the free perks. Parking is free at your resort and everywhere within WDW. There is also free transportation to and from the airport and free transportation within WDW. If you choose an off property resort be sure to do your research. Many charge a resort fee and charge for parking (plus you will have to pay each day to park at WDW).
Article Credit: Heather Gordon